For a healthy alternative to mashed potatoes, try this Mashed Cauliflower recipe:
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15-20 mins
Yield: 4 servings
2 cups cauliflower, fresh or frozen
1 -2 cloves chopped garlic
1 tablespoon grass-fed butter or organic coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup plain Greek-yogurt
- Cook cauliflower until it’s soft and warm, approximately 8-10 minutes for fresh steamed.
- In a food processor, combine cauliflower, almond milk, and seasonings to taste; blend to the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- In a skillet add 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Add the chopped garlic.
- Add the mashed cauliflower with butter or coconut oil , and heat in skillet until hot, about two minutes. Remove from heat
- Add the yogurt, pepper and mix well.
- Sprinkle chives for garnish