Makes 3-4 servings
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained or chicken breast 12 oz
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- ¼ pound zucchini , cut round ¼ inch
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, stems removed
- 1/2 bunch mint, stems removed
- 1/2 bunch basil, stems removed
- 1 (14-ounce) can organic coconut milk
- 2 Thai chiles, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled
- 1 (1-inch) piece lemongrass, peeled
- 6 baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges
- Quinoa ( optional ) or Brown rice
- Arrange tofu between several layers of paper towels on a large plate. Using the palm of your hand, press down gently to remove as much liquid as possible from the tofu. Change out the paper towels and repeat a second time
- Cut tofu into 1½-inch cubes. Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.. Fry tofu, turning occasionally, until golden brown all over, 5 to 6 minutes total. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- *If using chicken cut them into 1 ½ inch pieces. Cook till there is no pink. Follow the same steps as the Tofu.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a bowl. Add broccoli and cook until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer broccoli to a bowl of ice water until chilled then drain well. Repeat process with green beans; set aside.
- Put cilantro, mint, basil, coconut milk, chiles, ginger, lemongrass and ½ cup water into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Transfer green puree to a large skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat; season with salt and pepper. Add Zucchini, broccoli, green beans, mushrooms and tofu or chicken and cook just until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Divide quinoa or brown rice between bowls and top with curry,. Garnish with green onions and lime wedges.